What you will be doing
- Coordinate assessments, planning, design and implementation of the SRC/URCS shelter and WASH activities, including cross-sectoral aspects (Cash, Health, Capacity Development) of the entire SRC programme in Ukraine
- Provide strategic guidance and technical support to the URCS shelter staff/volunteers and enhance the capacity of URCS shelter programming through trainings, on-the-job coaching and/or mentoring.
- Assure quality of SRC/URCS Shelter/WASH activities and coherence with national/Sphere standards; apply, where possible, innovative and green response solutions with a focus on sustainability
- Elaborate technical assessment reports, designs and funding proposals to donors
- Ensure community participation along the PCM cycle (assessments, planning, implementation and monitoring)
- Manage the M&E system, produce accurate, regular and timely narrative and financial reports
- Participate in coordination meetings and contribute to technical working groups (RC/RC, UN, local governments, etc.) that focus on Shelter/Settlement/WASH aspects
- Coordinate and cooperate closely with colleagues of the SRC sub-delegations in Western and Central Ukraine, the SRC Country office in Kyiv and the URCS, as well as with other Red Cross actors, the affected communities, the Ukrainian government, clusters, UN agencies, Swiss NGOs and other international/national NGOs
- Education as an architect or construction engineer; experience in the WASH sector is an asset and at least 5 years of working experience in the domain of construction
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the coordination and management of humanitarian shelter programmes, ideally including shelter & settlements projects for displaced people as well as in team leadership functions
- Demonstrated experience with localization and capacity building of national/local partners and writing project proposals and reports
- Analytical and strategic planning skills (Project Cycle Management)
- Very good written and spoken English is essential (working language), knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian language would be an asset
- Experience in working with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an asset
THE SWISS RED CROSS
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 30 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC's member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient, and sustainable services.
What you can expect
- 12-month-contract with the option of extension
- Competitive salary, contribution to social insurances, R&R, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation
- Non-family posting
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas, and employment certificates) to the attention of Ms Gusuma Luder, applications are processed continuously.