What you will be doing
- Support URCS branches with strategic development and implementation of health projects, in particular in health for the elderly and psycho-social support (PSS), in close coordination with the URCS headquarters and other Red Cross partners in country
- Develop modalities for integrating health (including home-care and PSS) in shelter and relief programs
- Ensure community participation in assessments, planning, implementation and monitoring
- Assure technical quality of the projects and coherence with national and technical standards
- Initiate project implementation through close accompaniment to URCS and set up the M&E system
- Contribute to project proposals and produce accurate, regular and timely narrative and financial reports
- Closely coordinate with the URCS, clusters, the affected communities, the Ukrainian government, different RC/RC actors, UN agencies, international/national NGOs and Swiss NGOs
- Oversee the capacity enhancement on health programming of URCS health staff and volunteers, through training, on-the-job coaching and/or mentoring.
THE SWISS RED CROSS
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 30 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC's member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient, and sustainable services.
- Education in a health-related field and/or public health
- At least 5 years of working experience in the domain of community health or public health
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the coordination and management of health programs, ideally including community-based health projects
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in leading a team
- Experience in writing project proposals and reports
- Analytical and strategic planning skills (Project Cycle Management)
- Very good written and spoken English is essential (working language), knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian language would be an asset
- Experience in working with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an asset.
What you can expect
At the moment no family posting!
We look forward to receiving your online application until 21 August 2022 (closing date) attn. Isabel Bangerter.