What you will be doing
- Ensure SRC’s strategic vision and planning in western Ukraine, in line with the SRC Country Programme Strategy for Ukraine (2023-2025) and URCS’s One-Plan (2023-2025)
- Provide overall coordination and management of the SRC response in the region, ensuring performance and accountability for positive outcomes at all levels (partnerships, operations, systems and capacities)
- Facilitate participatory planning, implementation and monitoring processes with the URCS branches and counterparts in Kyiv, and coordination with authorities, donor organizations and other relevant stakeholders (different Red Cross/Red Crescent actors, UN agencies, international/national NGOs, etc.)
- Lead SRC efforts vis-à-vis national society development (NSD) at the concerned URCS branches
- Manage the SRC project team, coach and empower involved SRC team members and counterparts from the URCS branches, civil society and government institutions towards sustainable achievement of the project goals
- Security/safety management for the SRC personnel and geographical area under the position’s responsibility
- Financial oversight and monitoring, supervision and reporting, and support to evaluations and audits
- University degree in management, international cooperation, social sciences or a related discipline with a minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading complex projects, teams and partnerships, preferably in humanitarian response or international cooperation
- Work experience in the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Experience with localization and capacity building of national/local partners
- Specific experience in transition countries (preferentially in Ukraine) is an asset
- Orientation towards solutions and results, along with excellent analytical and writing skills and strong interpersonal, intercultural, facilitation and communication skills and a participatory approach to team leadership
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian language(s) is a strong asset
THE SWISS RED CROSS
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 30 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC's member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient, and sustainable services.
What you can expect
- 12-month-contract with the option of extension
- Competitive salary, contribution to social insurances, R&R, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation
- Non-family posting
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas, and employment certificates) by 10 December 2023 latest, to the attention of Ms Gusuma Luder.