What you will be doing
- Lead the design, development, dissemination, and training of the financial planning, monitoring and administration processes of the SRC delegation in Ukraine
- Monitor project and program budgets and ensure accurate accounting, authorization, documentation and internal controls and address significant variances together with SRC sub-delegations and partners as well as monitor relevant regulatory changes in the country and advise on risks and operational/financial consequences
- Provide financial forecasts and monitor funding flows from SRC to partner accounts
- Compile accurate monthly and annual financial reports in coordination with partner organizations and lead the month-end financial closing process and year-end financial closing process for the country program in compliance with SRC procedures
- Ensure effective filing of financial and administrative records and the assets inventory
- Oversee and support financial reviews as well as internal and external audits
- Support the finance-administrative and HR-related preparation of new projects or project modifications by coaching and empowering involved SRC team members and URCS counterparts (staff and volunteers)
- Oversee the recruitment of new staff and the implementation of effective HR policies
- Encourage and promote a culture of continuous learning and sharing of best practices among the team
- University degree in business administration, accounting, management or a related discipline with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in managing financial-administrative and HR matters in complex projects, teams and partnerships, preferably in an international humanitarian context
- Orientation towards solutions and results, along with excellent strategic, analytical, and writing skills, strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills and excellent ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian language is an asset
- Experience in the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
THE SWISS RED CROSS
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 30 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC's member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient, and sustainable services.
What you can expect
- 12-month-contract with the option of extension
- Competitive salary, contribution to social insurances, R&R, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation
- Non-family posting
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters), to the attention of Ms Gusuma Luder by 3 October 2023 latest.